Monday, April 15, 2013

Bangladesh like us can blow hot and cold: Kyle Jarvis


…….And I have taken the interview of an international cricketer. It's Zimbabwe's Kyle Jarvis who has given an exclusive interview to me. It's one of the landmarks in my career as a cricket writer. Am I becoming a journalist? Lol…..I am a doctor by profession and cricket writing is just a passion. It's always tough to main both. But everything is possible if you are hard-working and honest.


FC: What motivated you to get into cricket?

KJ: Growing up. I was always around cricket and cricketers as my dad was always involved in the Zimbabwe set up.

FC: How influential has been your father in building up your career?

KJ: My father has always been the one pushing me and giving me the drive to become who I am today.

FC: Your action is quite similar to Glenn McGrath. Is McGrath your role model?

KJ: .I grew up watching the Aussies dominate the world cricket. Glenn and Brett Lee have always been role models of mine.

FC: What’s the secret behind the brilliant control over your bowling?

KJ: A few years ago I was only about all out pace but I lacked control, I think I have found a happy medium of control, pace and swing..... Nothing helps more than many tough hours in the nets.

FC: Which is your favorite wicket in Test cricket till now?

KJ: Shiv Chanderpaul.

FC: Do you think that there is a lack of fast and swing bowlers in modern day cricket?

KJ: There are still class bowlers around still swinging it, Dale Steyn and James Anderson are two of the best.

FC: Are the current rules, too many flat tracks and too much of T20 cricket hampering the growth of genuine fast bowlers?

KJ: To an extent yes, but still there are class bowlers in the international circuit... Bowlers can't just be fast anymore, you need to have at least 2 different slower balls as well as a good yorker and a bouncer.

FC: How do you rate Bangladesh as a cricket team?

KJ: Bangladesh like us can blow hot and cold. I feel at home we will have the advantage... But they have good players in Shakib, Tamim and Mushfiqur Rahim...

FC: What are your thoughts regarding the upcoming Test series against Bangladesh?

KJ: Extremely important series for us as we did not do ourselves proud in the West Indies and we know how good we can be!

FC: Have you targeted any batsman from Bangladesh?

KJ: I’m targeting all their batsmen.

FC: Tell us about your team’s preparation regarding the series against Bangladesh?

KJ: We have had a few hiccups in the preparation regarding a few players not being offered contracts but that has all been rectified and the guys’ minds are fully ready for the job at hand.

FC: You are a brilliant bowler and there are many hidden talents I guess in Zimbabwe like you? Don’t you think you guys deserve enough exposure at the highest level?

KJ: We definitely need more international cricket, we had one test match in 2012, no team can grow with such a little exposure. The talent is definitely here.

FC: Have you received any offers from County cricket?

KJ: One county has shown interest in me, it is definitely something that I would like to do is a season of county cricket and I'm sure I will soon.

FC: Now tell us something about your personal life…..

KJ: .I love the outdoors and doing anything active.

FC: Thank you so much Kyle for talking with cricketsoccer. Do you have any message for the readers of cricket soccer?

KJ: It’s been a pleasure and thank you for the continuous support. Never stop pushing to be the best!

Thank You
Faisal Caesar

No comments:

Post a Comment