Saturday, November 16, 2013

Thank you Sachin



“ I must admit that he was not an ordinary cricketer - a gift of Almighty, who landed on this earth to give hope and calm forget the pangs and anxieties of daily life”


It’s all over!

It is the End!  

What I witnessed today is the sunset of one of the most obedient students of cricket. He carried on the legacy of the past greats with utmost responsibility and honour. 

I can’t celebrate this sunset. 

I am not in a festive mood like you as I am witnessed the end of an era - The era of Sachin Tendulkar!  

A Test cricket lover can’t be happy when a classicist and iconic figure leave the scene.

I have this deep relation with this man since 1990 - a relation of disliking, a relation of admiration, and the relation of bowing down silently. I have seen him grow as an icon from a child prodigy. I have seen him gift me the flavour of Viv Richards and Sunil Gavaskar. Media over-hype regarding him made me absolutely irritated. 

I still don’t agree that he’s better than The Don or Viv. 

I don’t wish to tag him as God of Cricket! 

But what I do agree is that he had redefined the numbers in cricket and got the whole nation going with him whenever he walked out to bat - India and obviously the rest of the world just watched him bat as if a magician had stopped time and commanded to follow his batting specialty for the last 24 years. 

I do agree he is one of the best batsmen in the history of cricket. 

I enjoyed his straight drives, cover drives, smothering of the bowling attack with punishing strokes; I could skip a date with a beautiful lady for Tendulkar’s back-foot drives. Man! I fell in love with those back-foot drives through point and backward-point.  And so on, so on……and so on! 

Cricket followers like me have so many stories with this man.

I must admit that he was not an ordinary cricketer - a gift of Almighty, who landed on this earth to give hope and calm forget the pangs and anxieties of daily life. 

Very few have carried on the hopes of a nation like he did. 

Surely, Test cricket will be the poorest after his retirement.

Thank You Sachin Ramesh Tendulkar for the wonderful memories! 

Note: This post has been published at Cricketsoccer on 16/11/2013 Thank You Sachin

Thank You
Faisal Caesar

No comments:

Post a Comment