Thursday, August 18, 2016

Brazil v Honduras, Semifinal, Rio 2016 - Brazil set the Maracona on fire


I expected Brazil to crush Honduras and they did it ruthlessly. Neymar set the tone and the rest of the Samba Boys set Maracana on fire with a dazzling display of free-flowing football. Joga Bonito was at its very best. But, Rogerio Micale should be careful about the defence. Two moves by the Honduras forwards in the second half were challenging where the defence stood still. If Germany advance into the finals, then, such a lackluster attitude might cost dearly.

Brazil are back in rhythm after a dull start. But I am still not happy. The memories of Seoul 1988 and London 2012 still hurts. Especially, the defeat at Seoul hurt me alot. Being an eight-year old, I wanted Romario and Bebeto to beat the Soviet Unions and win the gold medal, but they failed to do that. Brazil have got yet another opportunity to fulfill their wish of winning the much cherished gold medal.

I shall be happy when I shall see Rogerio Micale and Neymar celebrate with the gold medal.  

I am confident, they will win.   

Thank You
Faisal Caesar 

No comments:

Post a Comment