Saturday, March 14, 2020

Chelsea: What would be the future of tried and tested customers?



Frank Lampard and the think tank of Chelsea seem to be investing in a long-term plan. He is more focused on trying and testing with young guns and so far, it has been productive. Someone like Billy Gilmour has impressed everyone with his courage and grit. But will this strategy of Lampard and Chelsea hamper the future of thirty-plus performers?

Pedro, Olivier Giroud and Willian all played a crucial role in the victories over Liverpool and Everton, in the FA Cup and Premier League, respectively. But still, there is no guarantee that these experienced and committed players would feature at Staford Bridge next season.

Various news outlets say, the representatives of the above-mentioned names are all working away in the background, speaking with not only Chelsea but also other parties interested in signing their clients on a free transfer.

 Willian told ESPN Brasil, "We really like London, I have said it many times. It is a city where my family and I love to live... but the contract situation really isn't easy. Chelsea offered me two years, I asked for three years and everything stopped there.”

Even Lampard himself experienced such things. He had a similar issue with the club towards the end of his playing days at Stamford Bridge and eventually ended up departing for New York City FC, via a loan spell at Manchester City.

Giroud told Infofoot, “Even I saw myself elsewhere, to be honest. I went through six complicated months”.

“That's why I tried to leave in January. I did everything [to leave]. In the end, with the circumstances, Chelsea did not want to let me go. The crucial condition for my departure was to have a replacement.

“The most interesting club for me was Inter. The problem is that it dragged on. In the end, and even if Lazio were there towards the end and Tottenham too, it was no longer a question of where I was going to leave but could I leave. There was nothing to do. I was stuck”.

“I knew that any way I shouldn't start going on strike or wreak havoc in the locker room. First of all, because it is not me and also because I knew there was a good chance that I would stay at Chelsea. That’s why I stayed flawless and professional until the end”.

“There were two reactions: either I mope around or I fight for my place. That's what I did. And the coach who promised me more opportunities to play kept his word and I took my chance.”

Giroud has brought a different dimension in Chelsea with no Tammy Abraham around. But according to Goal, “Giroud would undoubtedly be happy if Inter come back in for him at the end of the season, given he had already agreed a contract with the Serie A side in January”.

Pedro is still a part and parcel of the Blues. He had a difficult season, but gradually became an important member for the Blues in the course of time, he has become sharper than before and right now a real goal-threat. But still, there lies a possibility of his move to somewhere else.

If this is the scenario then the coach and think tank of the Blues should not let them go, but let the young guns flourish under these tried-and-tested customers.

Note: This article has been posted at Cricketsoccer as CSdesk on 14/03/2020 Chelsea: What would be the future of tried and tested customers? 

Thank You
Faisal Caesar  

No comments:

Post a Comment