Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Pakistan cricket - Captain Misbah-ul-Haq


If you ask me whether I had been in support of Misbah-ul-Haq’s captaincy or not then my answer would be a clear cut ‘No’! Frankly speaking, as the captain of Pakistan, Younis Khan had always been my choice. Misbah’s body language never impressed me at all and he lacked that aggressive spark in him which has been the symbol of Pakistani captains over the years. And in that sense, Younis Khan suited more as the captain of Pakistan team,

But the Pakistan Cricket Board chose Misbah as Test captain and I was not happy at all. Already, the Pakistan team were in a rut and they were in need of a leader who would install resolve in the team and according to me, Misbah never seemed the right person to do such.

But I think I was wrong.

Looks are always deceiving. A reluctant body language can never give you the true story. No matter how reluctant Misbah looks or how boring his batting can be, this man seems to have installed the much needed resolve within the Pakistan team. Pakistan as a team have fared well in Test cricket so far and they didn’t look mentally cluttered at all.  

Misbah seems to have gel the Pakistanis well and I think he has been able to maintain a healthy environment in the dressing room. He seems to be a very good man manager and for this he deserves enough credit as because it’s never easy to lead a team like Pakistan who are perennially factitious.  

 As a captain he might be pretty defensive but such a mindset is suiting Pakistan at the moment even though I am not a fan of defensive captaincy at all. But at times, I guess, you need to apply the best method which suits you well.

After being made the captain, Misbah’s own form has been good. Captaincy has galvanized his batting which is scripting valuable runs for his team and in fact when a captain is leading from the front then automatically the whole team gets heavily inspired.

I don’t mind to be proved wrong. One thing I can say that, Misbah as a captain will bring good results for Pakistan.

Thank You
Faisal caesar 

No comments:

Post a Comment