Tuesday, February 23, 2016

I am sorry, I don't have any interest regarding the upcoming Twenty20 festivals


Perhaps, I am the only Bangladeshi who is not excited about this year’s Asia Cup. Let me tell you, I have been following this tournament since 1988. Those who followed that event, certainly, will remember how Dhaka and Chittagong were gripped by cricket fever amid the sky high popularity of soccer in Bangladesh. Since then, the  Asia Cup has been one of my favorite tournaments. I have so many memories to relish.

But, this time around, the organizers have simply raped this tournament by injecting the Twenty20 version. I am sorry to say, this ploy has simply killed all my interests about the Asia Cup and, I think, I shall restrain myself from following the tournament. Yes, it doesn’t matter whether I follow the event or not, but frankly speaking, I have no interest about the b*****d offspring of 50-over format.



 What will I do during the b*****d  festival of Twenty20? Its duration is bloody long. Well, I should not worry at all as there is soccer to quench my thirst. I might not be a soccer expert, but I guess, I do understand the game pretty well. I shall stick to soccer and enjoy the greatest players of the world. Until and unless the longer version formats of the game returns to action, I might be absent from cricket.    

Thank You
Faisal Caesar 

No comments:

Post a Comment