Monday, August 24, 2015

Sri Lanka v India, 2nd Test, Day 5 - It's 1-1


At last a Test win for Virat Kohli as captain and it was just a matter of time. I kind of a have immense faith in this man’s ability since I saw him, made his debut in international cricket. Sadly, Kumar Sangakkara’s farewell Test match has not been a memorable one. The Indians have spoiled Sanga’s farewell and they deserved to win the second Test.

Yes, batting on this track was never going to be easy, but was it such difficult that the Lankans would succumb in such a pathetic fashion? It was a meek surrender and I expected them to fight and make the contest a fascinating one. Ravi Ashwin has been the wrecker in chief again. He is enjoying a rich vein of form and one change I have been noticing in his bowling since the Bangladesh series is his line of attack and the nag to hit the good length consistently. His line is more attacking than before and this is helping him to fetch wickets consistently in my opinion.

India have leveled the series and I am expecting a gripping contest in the third Test.

Thank You
Faisal Caesar 

No comments:

Post a Comment