Tuesday, August 27, 2019

My Top 10 batting performances in the 4th innings of a Test match



Here are my 10 batting performances (match-saving + match-winning) in the fourth innings of a Test match since the time I started following cricket in 1988:

The list is from what I have seen live and which has left a long-lasting impact in my memory. Perhaps I have missed quite a few innings, but I can pick only 10. This list would modify in course of time.

1. Kusal Perera 153 not out vs South Africa, First Test, Durban, 2019

2. Ben Stokes 135 not out vs Australia, Third Test, Leeds, 2019

3. Brian Lara 153 not out vs Australia, Third Test, Bridgetown Barbados, 1999

4. Adam Gilchrist 149 not out vs Pakistan, Second Test, Hobart, 1999

5. Michael Atherton 185 not out vs South Africa, Second Test, Johannesburg, 1995  

6. Inzamam-ul-Haq 58 not out vs Australia, First Test, Karachi, 1994

7. VVS Laxman 73 not out vs Australia, First Test, Mohali, 2010

8. Faf du Plessis 110 not out vs Australia Second Test, Adelaide, 2012

9. Graeme Smith 154 not out vs England, Third Test, Edgbaston, 2008 

10. Michael Atherton 98 not out vs South Africa, Fourth Test, Trent Bridge, 1998

Thank You
Faisal Caesar

1 comment:

  1. Thank You! For sharing such a great article, It's been a amazing article.
    It's provide lot's of information, I really enjoyed to read this.
    I hope, i will get these kinds of information on a regular basis from your side.
    I follows your site, and share your's content because it is so much useful.

    Source: Play Sports Free
    Keyword: Way to Earn Money
    Read: https://www.wrestlingbattle.com/wwe-2019-clash-of-champions/

    ReplyDelete