Wednesday, August 17, 2016

Sri Lanka v Australia, 3rd Test, SSC, Day 5 - Australia surrender as Sri Lanka celebrate a memorable series win


Great day in the history of Sri Lankan cricket, delightful day for the fans and my Sri Lankan friends. First of all, let me congratulate my friends. Nothing can be sweeter than the victory of your own team and when they whitewash the number 1 (?) Test side in the world, the joy knows no bound. I am sure they will party hard tonight. Angelo Mathews and his men have achieved a feat which not even the Mahela and Siangakkaras could achieve.

Being an Australian fan, I am quite stunned. Great characters like Allan Border, Steve Waugh, David Boon, Dean Jones and Craig McDermott made me a fan of Australia during the 1988-89 World Series Cricket. I have seen them lose matches, but I have hardly seen those big boys to digest defeats in such a shambolic fashion.

Australia’s improved batting display in the first innings made me optimistic. I thought, they will be able to pull off a win and avoid the whitewash. But at the end of the day, it was yet another spineless batting display from the Australians.

There were no snakes in the pitch. It was a decent one and a bit of application and playing the ball according to the merit would have worked well. But the Australian batting line-up imploded as soon as David Warner departed. There were neither any signs of resistance from Steve Smith nor Shaun Marsh nor Adam Voges. It was a display of poor temperament.  

The Australian batting line-up succumbed to Rangana Herath.


Age is just a number for this guy.   

Thank You
Faisal Caesar 

No comments:

Post a Comment