Thursday, October 15, 2015

Pakistan v England, 1st Test, Day 3 - Alastair Cook shines in Abu Dhabi




Hectic times at the moment, but it was never easy for me to stay away from Test cricket as because at the moment only Test cricket gives me real pleasure. I tried my level best to follow the game whenever I got some free time.

Alastair Cook and Moeen Ali progressed without much hassle to give England the foundation on which a nervy Ian Bell and Cook capitalized big time. I shall not say that the Pakistani bowlers bowled badly, but the track was such that it was hard to extract something productive from it. Still, I think that Zulfiqar Babar should have bowled from round the wicket against Cook. It would might have troubled him a bit as because bowling over the wicket to a left-hander doesn’t give enough benefit on such a dead track.

Wahab Riaz’s aggression didn’t get ebb away and he was rewarded for maintaining this intent at the fag end of the day: Bell and Wood fell in quick succession, but with Cook still at the crease and Root joining in, the Pakistani bowlers might toil in the heat of UAE tomorrow as well. 

Thank You
Faisal Caesar

No comments:

Post a Comment