Sunday, November 1, 2015

Bangladesh v Zimbabwe - Kamrul Islam Rabbi has been a good pick


Kamrul Islam Rabbi has been tagged as a right-arm fast bowler. He featured in the Under-19 World Cup in 2010 where he impressed with his bowling and took four-wicket haul against Pakistan and Sri Lanka. Wasim Akram and Dale Steyn are his idols. Gradually he has developed into a consistent performer by performing well in the first class matches and while touring with the A team in South Africa. Moreover, he was first noticed in the Grameen Phone pacer hunt program in 2007.

Rabbi has been a good pick in the 14-man ODI squad for the first two ODIs and it was good to see the comeback of Al Amin. I am eager to see how well Rabbi bowls. Pace-bowlers always fascinate me and whenever I come to know about an exciting prospect, he grabs most of my attention. I hope to see him feature in the final XI as that will boost his confidence immensely.

The squad for the first two ODI is strong. I don’t wish to think too much about the exclusion of Anamul Haque as I strongly believe, his time will come. All players go through such a period when nothing goes according to his plan. Patience and maintenance of self-belief are they keys to overcome this period.  

Thank You
Faisal Caesar 

No comments:

Post a Comment