Saturday, June 4, 2016

Muhammad Ali - Goodbye legend


"I’m not the greatest, I’m the double greatest."

"A man who has no imagination has no wings."

"I hated every minute of training, but I said, ‘Don’t quit. Suffer now and live the rest of your life as a champion."

"If you even dream of beating me you'd better wake up and apologize".

"If my mind can conceive it, and my heart can believe it—then I can achieve it".

"Float like a butterfly, sting like a bee".

If someone asks me about my three favorite sportsmen of all-time, my answer would be, Muhammad Ali, Pele and WG Grace. These three champions have redefined the game and took it to another dimension. When I was born, my mother’s Gynae and Obs Professor of Holy Family Hospital, Sharifa Begum, used to call me by the name “Muhammad Ali”. Since my childhood, I am familiar with Ali and later on, Filmfare video and Bangladesh Television helped me to watch Ali’s versatility and know more about this great man.

My morning has started with the sad news of his demise. I am quite speechless. We all knew it was coming considering his age and the poor status of his health , but deep down, it’s hard to accept the death of some legends who was the part and parcel of this adventurous and glorious world of sports.

Rest in peace Muhammad Ali.


Innanillahi Wa Innailahi Raz'un....

Thank You
Faisal Caesar 

No comments:

Post a Comment